Official Connecticut Regional Coordinator
- Announcement Canon EF 200-400mm f/4L IS USM Extender 1.4X
- Read to your Kid, It’s Children’s Book Week!
- Bird Food For People™ ~ Eagle’s Nest Sweet Retreat
- Blackburnian Warbler, A Survivor!
- Bird Food For People™ ~ Seoul Gardens Chinese Restaurant
- PledgeToFledge Connecticut Boat Trip!
- “Gifts of the Crow”
- Bedford 2020 VegOut!
- Happy Easter!
- COA 29th Annual Meeting 2013
- Happy First Day of Spring!
- CT NOFA 31st Annual Winter Conference 2013
- Flock of Winter Robins
- Rabbit Rabbit!
- Farm to Family
- Nest, Eggs, Heartbreak & Beauty Exhibition
- Season’s Greetings!
- Happy Thanksgiving!
- Westport CBC Feeder Form 2012
- Westport CT Christmas Bird Count 2012
- Oxbow wins the 138th #Preakness Stakes! There will be no Triple Crown winner in 2013. That's a horse race for ya! Twitter 8 hours ago
- RT @PreaknessStakes: Finally coming up next the 138th @PreaknessStakes @PimlicoRC Twitter 9 hours ago
- Case U Missed: Blackburnian Warbler, A Survivor! (Dendroica fusca)one of the most beautiful Warblers. bit.ly/19c2xc6 Twitter 19 hours ago
- CaseUMissed! A recap & reminder of the beauty that surounds us now. Celebrating Spring Wood Warblers: bit.ly/GX8ISo #woodwarblers . Twitter 20 hours ago
- RT @dpreview: Looking for a photo editing package that costs less than Photoshop CS6? We've rounded up 10 favorites! bit.ly/18QW9cW Twitter 1 day ago
- RT @ICPhotog: Photoset: picturedept: Everyday there are lives at home and on the other side of the world that go... tmblr.co/Z-IPpulBcASX Twitter 1 day ago
BIRD CALLS Radio Show WGCH1490AM. Sun’s @1PM. Call In ?’s 203-661-5051
Author Archives: Kymry ~ A look in time....
Canon has officially introduced the EF 200-400mm f/4L IS USM Extender 1.4x – a top-end telephoto zoom with a built-in switchable teleconverter. Simply flicking a lever at the rear of the barrel converts it to a 280-560mm f/5.6 lens. Designed for professional sports and wildlife photographers, it includes an array of top-end features such as Power Focus for movie shooting, and IS ‘mode 3′ that only applies stabilisation at the point of exposure, aiding panning. Continue reading
NW Ohio’s only Old Fashion Ice Cream Parlor and eatery. Near Magee Marsh & Maumee Bay Resorts. A family friendly atmosphere featuring something for every taste; from pizza, ice cream, grinders and signature coffees. Only minutes from Maumee Bay State Park, rain or shine our dining room, patio and drive thru are open 7 days a week. Continue reading
A family owned/operated business that will satisfy your palate with homemade items that are fresh. The food is always hot & tasty, cooked to order. I always look forward to my next visit when I am in town. Continue reading
PledgeToFledge Connecticut announces its’ kickoff event with a birding adventure by boat on the C. J. Toth Quest catamaran around the beautiful Norwalk Islands, departing at 10:00am on Saturday, April 27, 2013. Pledge2Fledge Connecticut has partnered with the famed Norwalk Seaport Association to bring you this fantastic special event. A terrific opportunity to share your love for birding with others, and to help people discover the allure of wild birds while connecting with the natural world around them. Bring a friend, neighbor or colleague to share the magic of birding and the outdoors. Come SEE Birds. SHARE Birds. SAVE Birds. Continue reading
John Marzluff author of “Gifts of the Crow,” does a Illustrated presentation to a packed house at the Mid-Manhattan New York Public Library, New York, NY on April 2, 2013. Dr. Marzluff discusses the amazing and intelligent corvid family, with a focus on crows. Mardi Dickinson also Includes a book review and the link to her radio interview with both authors. Continue reading
Bedford 2020, Bedford Garden Club and Mt. Kisco Elementary School co-sponsored an event called VegOut, that took place at the Mt. Kisco Elementary School garden on Saturday, April 6, 2013. This was a hands-on event that featured a series of mini-workshops and one-on-one conversations on local vegetable gardening for beginners to seasoned growers. VegOut event also celebrated the launch of Bedford 2020’s NEW online resource for growing, buying, eating and learning about local food. Continue reading
Happy Easter! A beautiful Daffodil Flower showing off signs of an early spring in 2013. Continue reading
Connecticut Ornithological Association’s (COA) Annual Meeting 2013 was an overwhelming success! Featured Speakers this year were Dr. Stephen Kress, Sharon “Birdchick” Stiteler, and Marshall J. Iliff. Continue reading
Happy First Day of Spring! Just around the corner. Enjoy the moment. Continue reading
Connecticut Chapter of the Northeast Organic Farming Association (CTNOFA) held their 31st Annual Winter Conference 2013, on Saturday, March 2, 2013, at the Wilton High School in Wilton, CT. Over 800 participants came this year, including 64 vendors and 55 workshops. Continue reading
Views of a winter wonderland out every window, brought to us by an overnight snow fall of over five inches. Continue reading
Today is the first day of March, and the phrase Rabbit! Rabbit! were the first words spoken to another person in our house. This is a British tradition that we continue today. When I was growing up, on the morning … Continue reading
Farm to Family explores the links to past connections and the real honest sustainable agriculture that has been around for centuries and now are imprints in the form of Farmers Markets. Continue reading
Now an extraordinary exhibition has been created called “Nests, Eggs, Heartbreak & Beauty” put together by the Museum of American Bird Art at Mass Audubon ~ formerly the Mass Audubon Visual Arts Center. This exhibition was formed around the recently published book “America’s Other Audubon” by author Joy M. Kiser. Continue reading
Season’s Greetings & Happy New Year! Snow Geese, fall, Chincoteague NWR, Chincoteague, VA. Continue reading
This years 66th Annual Westport Christmas Bird Count will be on Sunday, December 16th, 2012 for 24-hour. The Westport Count also includes Norwalk, Weston, Easton, Fairfield and New Canaan. the count is to locate, identify, and count all wild birds found within a 15-mile diameter count circle.For more information contact Mardi Dickinson, Westport CBC Compiler & Captain at firstname.lastname@example.org or http://www.kymrygroup.com Continue reading