Official Connecticut Regional Coordinator
- Announcement Canon EF 200-400mm f/4L IS USM Extender 1.4X
- Read to your Kid, It’s Children’s Book Week!
- Bird Food For People™ ~ Eagle’s Nest Sweet Retreat
- Blackburnian Warbler, A Survivor!
- Bird Food For People™ ~ Seoul Gardens Chinese Restaurant
- PledgeToFledge Connecticut Boat Trip!
- “Gifts of the Crow”
- Bedford 2020 VegOut!
- Happy Easter!
- COA 29th Annual Meeting 2013
- Happy First Day of Spring!
- CT NOFA 31st Annual Winter Conference 2013
- Flock of Winter Robins
- Rabbit Rabbit!
- Farm to Family
- Nest, Eggs, Heartbreak & Beauty Exhibition
- Season’s Greetings!
- Happy Thanksgiving!
- Westport CBC Feeder Form 2012
- Westport CT Christmas Bird Count 2012
- via @CTEnvironment We're pleased to hear that Governor Malloy intends to withdraw a state police p... on.fb.me/14ytVkw @KymryGroup Twitter 1 hour ago
- RT @GreenGuruNet: Barn Raiser fb.me/IN8ymCae Twitter 21 hours ago
- RT @lkamms : TRENDS: Birding ranks 15th most popular activity. Seriously. naturetravelnetwork.com/2013/05/trends… Twitter 1 day ago
- Metro North has stated they do not have the buses to handle Conneticuts 20,000 passengers that commute on this section of the line. Twitter 3 days ago
- Oxbow wins the 138th #Preakness Stakes! There will be no Triple Crown winner in 2013. That's a horse race for ya! Twitter 3 days ago
- RT @PreaknessStakes: Finally coming up next the 138th @PreaknessStakes @PimlicoRC Twitter 3 days ago
BIRD CALLS Radio Show WGCH1490AM. Sun’s @1PM. Call In ?’s 203-661-5051
Category Archives: Connecticut
PledgeToFledge Connecticut announces its’ kickoff event with a birding adventure by boat on the C. J. Toth Quest catamaran around the beautiful Norwalk Islands, departing at 10:00am on Saturday, April 27, 2013. Pledge2Fledge Connecticut has partnered with the famed Norwalk Seaport Association to bring you this fantastic special event. A terrific opportunity to share your love for birding with others, and to help people discover the allure of wild birds while connecting with the natural world around them. Bring a friend, neighbor or colleague to share the magic of birding and the outdoors. Come SEE Birds. SHARE Birds. SAVE Birds. Continue reading
Happy Easter! A beautiful Daffodil Flower showing off signs of an early spring in 2013. Continue reading
Connecticut Ornithological Association’s (COA) Annual Meeting 2013 was an overwhelming success! Featured Speakers this year were Dr. Stephen Kress, Sharon “Birdchick” Stiteler, and Marshall J. Iliff. Continue reading
Connecticut Chapter of the Northeast Organic Farming Association (CTNOFA) held their 31st Annual Winter Conference 2013, on Saturday, March 2, 2013, at the Wilton High School in Wilton, CT. Over 800 participants came this year, including 64 vendors and 55 workshops. Continue reading
Views of a winter wonderland out every window, brought to us by an overnight snow fall of over five inches. Continue reading
Farm to Family explores the links to past connections and the real honest sustainable agriculture that has been around for centuries and now are imprints in the form of Farmers Markets. Continue reading
Season’s Greetings & Happy New Year! Snow Geese, fall, Chincoteague NWR, Chincoteague, VA. Continue reading
Enjoying a boating trip from Norwalk Harbor in Norwalk CT to Oyster Bay, LI. Continue reading
Honoring our Fallen United States Soldiers today on Memorial Day, May 28, 2012. Thank You to all the Men and Women who have served our country and continue to do so. Continue reading
Thanks to a great article Chris Bosak wrote in The Hour Newspaper about the Westport Christmas Bird Count and others in Connecticut. Titled: “Birdwatchers tackle annual census locally.” If you want a PDF let me know and I will send you … Continue reading
Westport, CT CBC Christmas Bird Count Sunday December 18th 2011. This year is the 65th Annual Westport CT Christmas Bird Count, and the 112th anniversary of the National Audubon CBC concept. The intent of the count is to locate, identify, and count all birds found within a 15-mile diameter count circle, centered at Westport’s twin Bridges on Route 57. Continue reading
What a nice Thanksgiving gift, a Painted Bunting came to visit Cove Island Wildlife Sanctuary, Cove Island Park, Stamford CT, today! Cove Island is the lovely Sanctuary that was host to The Fork-tailed Flycatcher last year on November 17, 2010 and that … Continue reading
Daniel C. Esty, Commissioner of the Department of Energy & Environmental Protection (DEEP), spoke on July 28, 2011 at the Sherwood Island State Park Nature Center. The event was co-sponsored by The Friends of Sherwood Island State Park and Green … Continue reading
Conservation, civic organizations, agency leaders and developers are collaboratively urging federal support of restored funding to clean water programs that are critical to the recovery of our nation’s economy and environment. Continue reading
Many of us have fond remembrances about a really good donut, maybe like the ones we may have had when we were young, the kind that tasted homemade, and were truly delicious. It almost seems that they don’t make them … Continue reading
Connecticut Fund for the Environment/Save the Sound, 2011 Annual Meeting took place on Sunday, October 2, 2011 from 1-4pm. The breathtaking backdrop at the Stamford Yacht Club was packed with over 300 environmentalist who attended this important 2011 annual meeting. Connecticut … Continue reading