Official Connecticut Regional Coordinator
- Phil Donahue and Milan Bull talk Purple Martins!
- Warm Weather Clothing Gear
- Announcement Canon EF 200-400mm f/4L IS USM Extender 1.4X
- Read to your Kid, It’s Children’s Book Week!
- Bird Food For People™ ~ Eagle’s Nest Sweet Retreat
- Blackburnian Warbler, A Survivor!
- Bird Food For People™ ~ Seoul Gardens Chinese Restaurant
- PledgeToFledge Connecticut Boat Trip!
- “Gifts of the Crow”
- Bedford 2020 VegOut!
- Happy Easter!
- COA 29th Annual Meeting 2013
- Happy First Day of Spring!
- CT NOFA 31st Annual Winter Conference 2013
- Flock of Winter Robins
- Rabbit Rabbit!
- Farm to Family
- Nest, Eggs, Heartbreak & Beauty Exhibition
- Season’s Greetings!
- Happy Thanksgiving!
- via @CTEnvironment Wednesday: Join us for the Connecticut Roundtable on Climate & Jobs's forum on ... on.fb.me/16AC5tN @KymryGroup Twitter 1 day ago
- RT @riverkeeper_ny: Rally in Albany against #fracking! http://t.co/HD9leNwJSP Twitter 1 day ago
- @NancyMoonPR Whats the place, date & time when Bill McKibben will speaking in Aug? Twitter 3 days ago
- RT @MardiWD: Keynote Speaker Anthony Zemba from @CTAudubon talking now for @AspetuckLT Annual Meeting @PequotLibrary Twitter 6 days ago
- RT @PaulStark59: @GreenGuruNet I'm Posting again! "My Life and Yours, Gaslands II, Debra Winger & 6/17/13" bit.ly/ps59_Gasland2 Twitter 6 days ago
BIRD CALLS Radio Show WGCH1490AM. Sun’s @1PM. Call In ?’s 203-661-5051
Category Archives: Environmental
Phil Donahue and Milan Bull talk aerial insectivores at the Friends of Sherwood Island 15th Annual Meeting on June 6, 2013. Continue reading
PledgeToFledge Connecticut announces its’ kickoff event with a birding adventure by boat on the C. J. Toth Quest catamaran around the beautiful Norwalk Islands, departing at 10:00am on Saturday, April 27, 2013. Pledge2Fledge Connecticut has partnered with the famed Norwalk Seaport Association to bring you this fantastic special event. A terrific opportunity to share your love for birding with others, and to help people discover the allure of wild birds while connecting with the natural world around them. Bring a friend, neighbor or colleague to share the magic of birding and the outdoors. Come SEE Birds. SHARE Birds. SAVE Birds. Continue reading
John Marzluff author of “Gifts of the Crow,” does a Illustrated presentation to a packed house at the Mid-Manhattan New York Public Library, New York, NY on April 2, 2013. Dr. Marzluff discusses the amazing and intelligent corvid family, with a focus on crows. Mardi Dickinson also Includes a book review and the link to her radio interview with both authors. Continue reading
Happy Easter! A beautiful Daffodil Flower showing off signs of an early spring in 2013. Continue reading
Connecticut Ornithological Association’s (COA) Annual Meeting 2013 was an overwhelming success! Featured Speakers this year were Dr. Stephen Kress, Sharon “Birdchick” Stiteler, and Marshall J. Iliff. Continue reading
Happy First Day of Spring! Just around the corner. Enjoy the moment. Continue reading
Connecticut Chapter of the Northeast Organic Farming Association (CTNOFA) held their 31st Annual Winter Conference 2013, on Saturday, March 2, 2013, at the Wilton High School in Wilton, CT. Over 800 participants came this year, including 64 vendors and 55 workshops. Continue reading
Views of a winter wonderland out every window, brought to us by an overnight snow fall of over five inches. Continue reading
Farm to Family explores the links to past connections and the real honest sustainable agriculture that has been around for centuries and now are imprints in the form of Farmers Markets. Continue reading
Now an extraordinary exhibition has been created called “Nests, Eggs, Heartbreak & Beauty” put together by the Museum of American Bird Art at Mass Audubon ~ formerly the Mass Audubon Visual Arts Center. This exhibition was formed around the recently published book “America’s Other Audubon” by author Joy M. Kiser. Continue reading
Thanks to a great article Chris Bosak wrote in The Hour Newspaper about the Westport Christmas Bird Count and others in Connecticut. Titled: “Birdwatchers tackle annual census locally.” If you want a PDF let me know and I will send you … Continue reading
Westport, CT CBC Christmas Bird Count Sunday December 18th 2011. This year is the 65th Annual Westport CT Christmas Bird Count, and the 112th anniversary of the National Audubon CBC concept. The intent of the count is to locate, identify, and count all birds found within a 15-mile diameter count circle, centered at Westport’s twin Bridges on Route 57. Continue reading
What a nice Thanksgiving gift, a Painted Bunting came to visit Cove Island Wildlife Sanctuary, Cove Island Park, Stamford CT, today! Cove Island is the lovely Sanctuary that was host to The Fork-tailed Flycatcher last year on November 17, 2010 and that … Continue reading